Conference which is taking place at the ACC, Liverpool from the 26 – 28 November 2018
Abstract submission open:
We are pleased to announce that abstracts have re-opened for poster only submissions until Friday 14 September 2018.
For full information and to submit visit: www.his.org.uk/
Why should I submit an abstract?
With space for approximately 400 posters, presenting a poster at HIS 2018 will enable you to:
- Play a key role in this year’s premier international infection prevention and control conference
- Showcase your research to other specialist infection prevention and control healthcare professionals
- Discuss your findings with colleagues from around the world
- Have the opportunity to be part of scheduled poster talks
- Enhance your CV
Some of the world’s leading experts will be in attendance to impart their knowledge and share what they’re doing to tackle current issues relating to infection prevention and control. A selection of the programme highlights are listed below and the full programme is available online. There will also be a large exhibition showcasing the most up-to-date products and services on the market.
In addition to the popular eponymous lectures, there will be four parallel streams of over 40 sessions, featuring a wide variety of topics. To include:
- Infection prevention and the healthcare environment
- Hot topics in antibiotic resistance
- Hospital–acquired pneumonia
- Next generation sequencing in microbiology
- IPC and antibiotic policy in the Nordic countries – luck of the north or transferrable policy?
- Big data
- Debate: AMR and IPC – was C.difficile all about quinolones?
- Gram negative bacteraemias
- The three top papers that have influenced infection prevention practice: USA vs. Europe vs. The Rest of the World. The audience decides
The Programme has been awarded 18 CPD Credits by the Royal College of Pathologists and 16 European CME credits by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME).